Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tulsa's newest resident

After an overnight stop in KC where I was able to get a break, hang out with some old friends, and get a good night's sleep, I arrived in Tulsa yesterday around 12:30 in the afternoon. I was shocked and slightly amazed I was able to fit nearly my entire life into a small Hyundai Elantra.

My dad took a trip down last week so i was able to send my 3 acoustic guitars, 1 electric, and a keyboard down with him, along with my TV, so that did help considerably, but other than that, my life consists of not much more than DVDs, t-shirts, and a "miscellaneous" bag. Needless to say, I was unpacked by early in the evening.

I begin my new career tomorrow, with a likely 12+ hour day. Avalon will be in concert and I opted to start with that instead of next Monday where I'd just be doing mindless paperwork. My boss asked if I thought I could handle a 12 hour day. I laughed. I'm so used to working long hours, I'm not sure what its going to be like having semi-regular hours. Sure there'll be the occasional concert or event that will get me some extra hours, but someone told me the other day I'm not going to know what to do with all my extra time. After literally walking back and forth in the house today without actually "doing" anything, I think they were right. I finally broke out and went down the road to Panera for some quality internet usage. This blog is my attempt to prove them wrong. I'll try to keep it updated.

So goodbye, Omaha. Thanks for the memories!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I'm glad you're blogging. Hope you're doing well. I still miss you!

Unknown said...

I can't believe you can get your life's belongings in a car. Greg did the same thing when he moved to Hobbs. The question is, what did you leave behind for your mom to sort through? =-) jak

Mom said...

Glad to have some way to keep track of you! Of course, I'll at least have your sister to tattle on you. Some things never change . . .or wait - maybe that was you that always tattled on her! Looking forward to hearing about your first day on the job. Love you! (PS to Joan - You don't want to know how much he left for me to sort through! ;-) )

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.