Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm alive!

As some of you know, this is the second time for me living in Tulsa. The first was only for a couple months over the summer of '04 and within a week of me arriving in town, we had a tornado hit the area. There was rain, lighting and sirens going off until about 4 in the morning.

It would seem, my travels to Tulsa bring bad weather. Last night, we were hit with another bad storm. The sirens went off and me and my roommate went to where anyone would go when the tornado sirens go off; to look out the front door. As we are watching the storm roll through, we heard a pretty loud noise and saw sparks and fire shoot up in the air from about 3 blocks away. I could see the debris begin to be picked up in the air with somewhat of a circular motion. It wasn't a full-on tornado, but it was definitely more than just a little wind. We lost power very shortly after that and spent the rest of the evening playing cards by candlelight.

The next morning, I drove by the site on my way to work and saw a missing building and a news crew.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/category.asp?C=121535&nav=menu682_4
{look for video "Storm Leaves Destruction Near Broken Arrow"}

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectID=11&articleID=20080507_1__Highw40734

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.