Saturday, May 31, 2008

Branson!! I mean, Branson??

I've been meaning to post a blog about this, but as this was my first concert week (blog soon to come) I was pretty busy all week. That aside, I went to Branson last weekend for Memorial Day. Whats actually interesting about it is I had a really good time. I know, right? I found out a couple weeks ago that one of my good friends from college just recently moved down to Springfield, MO so he invited me up for Memorial Day. We went to a great piano bar Saturday night and enjoyed some good music (although I prefer the tiny, homey space in Omaha).



After church on Sunday, we drove down to Branson. Sean had a friend that was a dancer in one of the shows so she was able to get some tickets for us. We walked around the downtown district a little bit then went to a show called Country Tonight. So not only did I see a show in Branson, but it was a country show. And I still had a really fun time. It didn't hurt that Sean's dancer friend was both hot and a GREAT dancer, and we were surrounded by blue-hairs that weren't getting into the show so we clapped loudly anyway. It was good to see the performers light up when they heard us getting into it.

We took her out to dinner afterwards and walked around the Landing a little more and enjoyed the cooled off weather. There was a really cool fountain show with fire. I like fire. It turned out to be a great weekend!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.