Sunday, October 19, 2008

Delicious Dish with David Wage

Two blogs in one day!? Well, I made a delicious meal tonight and I just wanted to share. I'm not really sure what i'll call it... I just took some things I had lying around the kitchen and threw them in a skillet :-)

Ok, to start you'll need to make some pico. There are several ways you can make this (or if you're lazy just buy it); this is the famous Manderloo recipe.

12-15 roma tomatoes cut into 1/4-1/2 inch cubes

1 red onion – finely diced

I bunch cilantro - chopped

1-2 jalepenos (seeded and finely diced)

1 lime – squeezed over it all

1/2-1 tsp salt (to taste)

Mix it all up and let sit in a sealed bowl in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.

This makes the delicious pico salsa you'll use later. It also goes great with chips!

I'm going to throw in a quick apology because unlike Mandy, I don't really deal with exact measurements when I make up meals. So bear with me and use your best judgement. Feel free to e-mail with questions but my advice is just experiment. It worked out ok for me!

Turn heat to medium and coat pan with a sliver of butter (you don't want a lot of excess, but you need enough to cover). As soon as butter is melted take two thawed boneless chicken breasts and put in skillet. Once they are nearly cooked, pour in enough milk to come halfway up the chicken. Once it begins to bubble, sprinkle in enough cheese to fill in all the gaps and lightly cover the chicken as well. Put a few shakes of black pepper in and begin to toss the chicken around until the cheese is all melted and thouroughly mixed with the milk. This should create a thick cheesy soup. Add more cheese or milk as needed. Lay a bed of spinach on a plate and put the chicken on top. Pour the excess cheesy soup over the chicken and top with a spoonful of your pico.

Minus the pico, which, by the way the recipe says an hour but i'll tell you its much better if you out it in a covered dish and refrigerate for a day, the chicken should only take about 10 minutes to fix. So its quick and easy.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.