Thursday, October 2, 2008

I smell rill niice

I forgot how much I like getting compliments. When I worked at the hotel and was wearing suits and cologne more often, I used to always get the comment "you smell really good". I would get the comment from random people; cashier at the check out line at the grocery store, random hotel guests, even people walking next to me on the street or mall. And those who actually knew me; co-workers/friends, would actually lean in and smell me. They always ask what I'm wearing and I usually respond that its this custom stuff I buy on the internet. Not so much to show off and be flashy but to joke at the irony of their expectations.

Usually I give out my stamp of approval to restaurants or movies... things of entertainment value, but I'm going to change it up a little and give the $7.00 bottle of Really Ripped Abs: Bod Body Spray from Target the David Wage Stamp of Approval for brightening my day. I was at the sundries shop at work and the nice black lady at the cashier said. "Mmmmm, honey, you smell goood." in the least creepiest way. The tone in her voice told me it wasn't flirting. It was a fact :)

I'm heading up to the City of the Sioux this weekend for another wedding. I won't do any travel blogging, but I'll be sure to update you when I get back.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.