Monday, September 15, 2008

Omaha is my Homaha

I commented to someone the other day that, although I'm really loving it down here, I haven't yet found that connection where I've quit calling Omaha "home". I've been down here for a little over four months now, and I'm by no means homesick, but that doesn't mean I'm not excited to head back. I'm leaving Thursday after work and should get into town late that night, but possibly early enough that I can hit up Old Chicago before it closes.

Friday I get to get my teeth fixed! I had a cavity starting to form that I had taken care of a few days before I moved but it wasn't quite fixed properly. So I've been dealing with something called "high bite" for about 4 months, where I feel intense pain if I bite down to hard. Certain foods hurt to chew and it just causes a lot of general pain. So I'm excited for that.

And I just found out that this weekend is my old high school's homecoming. Although I'll probably be able to find many of my classmates who haven't left the small farm town at this game, its not the "reunion" I'm particularly excited for. My dad is one of the coaches and my nieces and nephew will all be out at the game and will be looking darn cute!

Saturday is my good friends Andy and Jaci's wedding, and the main reason I'm heading back. I still need a date, so if anyone wants to go... haha. Should be lots of fun! I met Andy in Omaha and randomly he just happened to be dating one of my friends from college. So not only should I get to see a lot of Omaha friends, but maybe some old college friends too!

And Sunday, I'll make it out to church, so that should cover everyone else I didn't get a chance to see.

Should be a productive weekend! I'm planning on doing a series of blogs covering the trip so come Thursday, keep checking back. I'll probably do some video blogging and put up the raw footage immediately, then edit it together all pretty when I get back.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.