Tuesday, September 30, 2008

How the Raccoon Got His Mask pt 2

No, its not a sequel to the first story I wrote in first grade, its more of a follow-up. I went out with a school teacher last night and she teaches a creative writing class, so I shared with her my amazing piece of creative writing. I thought about it a little more today and thought it actually would make a pretty darn good children's book. So that's what I'm doing. I'm writing a children's book about Ronnie, the Raccoon who lost his mask.

I've got two directions I could go and I want your advice. One is the original; a raccoon who didn't have a mask/lost it and sets out to find it. It would have no value other than entertainment. The other would be more educational; a raccoon who was born without a mask and is scared of going to school because he's different (in this version he may possibly meet up with a tortoise without a shell who teaches him its ok to be different).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.