Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Voice

I meant to make this posting yesterday but ended up being pretty busy. Since today is completely the opposite, I had some time.

If you haven't heard, Don LaFontaine died on Monday. You don't think you know who that is? I guarantee you do. The saying goes "When you die, the voice you hear is not Don's its God trying to sound like Don."

He is the voice of an astounding 5,000 movie previews, 350,000 commercials, and over 750,000 TV promos. He is the voice.

Here's a short article about his death and a couple vids for you to enjoy.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.