Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Family Tree

I got bored today so I decided to do a little family research. I've never really known much about my Waggoner roots and in talking to my dad he didn't know a lot either. He wasn't even sure the names of my grandpa's brothers and sisters. I got myself a free 14 day trial of www.ancestry.com and got to work. I was fascinated!

My great great great great great great grandfather, Henry I. Waggoner was born in Germany in 1733 and came over with his wife Katrina to Virginia and we kinda spread out from there.

If you consider Henry to be first generation Waggoner (which it is likely that in Germany it was a different pronunciation and spelling) that makes me a 9th generation Waggoner. I'll probably do a little more research next week.

That's all for now!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.