Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Superchick in Studio

Today was a fun day. The band Superchick (you'd recognize them from their chick-anthem "One Girl Revolution" in the movie Legally Blonde) had a new album released today, Rock What You Got so they stopped by the studio to promote it. They did a fun interview on the air, then did a couple songs for us live, and stayed for lunch with some contest winners.

The band was extremely cool and even offered to serve all the listeners who had called in and won a spot around the table. Very nice. Melissa was also sporting her new tats. I have to say with her tats, piercings and red streak in her hair, she reminded me of a more petite version of an ex-girlfriend of mine. Weird, but very cool nonetheless (not that being like this ex is uncool). If you can't tell from the picture, its a tree branch with flower buds and two birds. It also wraps around to the other side of her arm.

More pics will soon be available on the website at kxoj.com and there are more videos posted at youtube.com/kxoj including another track from their new album.

Superchick - Crawl (Carry Me Through)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Full sleeve tatts on girls are basically the hottest thing since Hansel. So hot right now...

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.