Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sex Tests Mandated for Olympics

When a woman looks a little too manly, we usually assume steroids, right? Well, have you ever considered it actually is a man? Beijing officials have been designing special laboratories for well over a year to determine the sex of any athlete competing in the games. "Suspected athletes will be evaluated from their external appearances by experts and undergo blood tests to examine their sex hormones, genes and chromosomes for sex determination," according to Professor Tian Qinjie who has helped to develop some of this testing. Though, not everyone will be inspected, anyone can be.

This comes to the biggest surprise and may hurt most the American Men's soccer team who will now be without their star forward, Amanda Bynes.

Link to the full article here, which also has a list of famous past Olympians who were literally "playing for the wrong team."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that article sent shivers down my spine...I think I remember seeing pictures of thos German shot put "women" somewhere and they had back hair and a five o'clock shawdow; not joking...

Yuuugh!

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.