Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Ultimate How-to Guide

If you're like me, you're a real DIYSer. Why pay someone to do a job you're fully capable of doing yourself. Sometimes its simply because you don't have the knowhow. So what do you do if you need answers quick?

Or here's another situation: you're friend invites you to a party on the weekend where they are going to have the ultimate flip cup tournament and they're counting on you to bring your cards to the table. One problem; you don't have a clue to the rules of flip cup and you're too embarrassed and proud to ask.

I stumbled across this website today and it can solve both problems. Its called HowCast and its a giant collection of How-To's.

The site is broken down by category and covers virtually everything, some serious topics such as "How to Invest in the Stock Market" or "How to Perform the Heimlich Maneuver", to crazy off the wall subjects such as "How to Kiss Like Angelina Jolie" or "How to Find Out a Girl's Name After You've Slept With Her".

Each video contains a list of things you'll need to get the job done, as well step by step instructions. It usually completes with a little Did You Know bit of relevant, yet needless information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHA, thanks a lot...i will probably spend the next 4 days putting off wedding planning and playing on that website.

About Me

My photo
I grew up in the country with my nearest neighbor being almost a mile away. I was also the youngest in the family and the only boy. Growing up, I didn't have a lot of "playmates" so I found ways of entertaining myself. I could go outside on a nice fall Saturday (or frigid Iowa winter) and not come in until dark. My childhood is what cultivated my active imagination, or "specialness" as my mom always called it.